In honor of Valentine’s Day, we thought we would take the opportunity to highlight some of Anguilla’s romantic locations for dining à deux. There are a number of top-notch restaurants that could make this list, but we’ve narrowed it down to the Top 10 venues for celebrating with your special someone. In no particular order, here are some must-tries for your next special occasion.
1. Without fail, our guests rave about Jacala. While the French food consistently gets touted as some of the best on the island, it’s Jacala’s Meads Bay location and intimate setting that make it the perfect spot for special occasions and romantic dining. Jacala books up very quickly, so make sure you snag reservations to enjoy their beachside dining on your special day.
2. Blanchard’s is a must for any Anguilla dining list. Bob and Melinda Blanchard, who made Anguilla their home in 1989, have maintained a standard of excellence and continue to welcome tourists and locals to celebrate their special occasions. Their famous restaurant is often credited with starting the wave of fine dining that is now associated with an Anguillan getaway. See their menu here.
PHOTO COURTESY OF ZIMMERMANCLIPPER VIA CREATIVE COMMONS
3. Cap Juluca’s Pimms Restaurant offers ‘Eurobbean’ (European + Caribbean fusion) dining in a stunning setting. Overlooking Maundays Bay, you can indulge in some of their famous entrees or try a range of their inspired small plates. See their menu here.
4. Located in Anguilla’s North Hill Village, Veya brings some Moroccan spice to the island’s restaurant scene. Unlike many restaurants that are serving up high-end local fare (think lobster, crayfish and goat), dining at Veya provides restaurant-goers a unique experience on the island with a setting that matches.
5. Located off of the main road, Oliver’s is a lesser-known (though equally delicious) gem. Offering a menu filled with local must-tries like Anguillan pea soup, marinated stingray, and fresh fish, Oliver’s location and charm keeping guests coming back for more.
6. We gave you the run down on Dolce Vita in our most recent restaurant spotlight. A beachfront location, homemade Italian fare and fantastic service make Dolce Vita a natural choice for a romantic night out. Don’t forget to save room for dessert!
7. Hibernia is another high-end restaurant bringing a little ethnic flair to the table. Located on the east end of the island, Hibernia is serving up delicious fare infused with flavors of the Far East. You’ll find shiitake mushrooms, ginger, and kimchi on their Asian inspired menu.
8. The setting at Da ‘Vida is about as romantic as they come. Gorgeous beachfront dining in an elegant setting, this Anguillan-owned restaurant is doing it right. They have a top-notch dinner menu in addition to a range of inspired tapas for those looking to sample a range of flavors. See their menu here.
9. We’ve shown Straw Hat some love before in a restaurant spotlight and they certainly make our list of most romantic restaurants on the island. Their innovative cuisine is consistently stellar and their specials keep you running back for more. The white sands and the turquoise waters as the backdrop? Well, that’s just icing.
10. Consistently regarded as a fantastic, romantic dinner spot, Barrel Stay is another Sandy Ground restaurant that’s making our top 10 list. The restaurant offers some local fare (the requisite crayfish and lobster) plus favorites like dug leg confit, foie gras and lamb.
What do you think is the most romantic restaurant on the island? Did your favorite make the list?